Friday, February 19, 2010

Generosity


"Lisa--this made me cry. My heart is full." This was an email I received from a friend yesterday. Stories of generosity inspire me. This email was a follow up to something that had begun earlier in the day. She has a friend who is terminally ill. She wanted to be able to give him a little vacation, a sort of Make a Wish, but for a grown up. Her goal was to find a place he could stay for a week in a house by a river.

I passed along the request to a friend who owns such a house. She not only embraced the idea, she said, "of course, it would be an honor. I have wanted to use the house to serve in meaningful ways. I wish we could do more to help him."


The view from where I sit is beautiful. A friend with a home, a friend with a need, a friend who is surrounded and supported by a community, even by those they do not know makes everyone feel good; those with the ability to give, and the grace to receive.

2 comments:

  1. all we need is to act and recieve from love.
    Thanks Lisa, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life is a blessing to so many. It must feel wonderful to share such goodness.

    ReplyDelete